Cleaning up the Toxicity of your Products…

A simple point I wanted to express is the levels of toxicity in most common products like shampoos, conditioners, perfumes, soaps, bubble bath, fabric softeners, processed foods, deodorants, make-up, laundry detergent, toothpaste, facial cleaners, dishwasher soap, nail polish, body care products and cleaning supplies, for example.

But the solution is quite simple. That’s right folks, just READ the labels. That’s it, it doesn’t need to be a complex process to clean up some of the toxicity in the every day household. Start reading everything. If you can’t pronounce the word on a label or don’t know what it is, like a long chemical word, then you don’t want to eat and you don’t want to use it on your skin or household. It is just that simple.

Even if the packaging on a product is lovely and it says it is nature, beware. Advertising is key to making one just buy a product without thinking nor reading labels. Read the labels.

Your skin is your largest organ, therefore, you don’t want to put cream or lotions that have toxic ingredients on your precious skin. And of course, you don’t want to eat products that when you read the label it isn’t even really food. It all seems like common sense to say our great-grand parents but somehow the majority of folks have lost this simple common sense choices in our lifestyle. We can’t control much in our lives, but we can make healthier choices about what products we use and what companies we support. I always advocate buying local handcrafted products when ever possible. And we live in a day and age where you can replace anything you must use with a organic product.You just want to make sure you can read the labelĀ  and understand what is in the product or food.

Also, when someone has a compromised immune system you need to be aware of toxic building syndrome. We don’t want to install a new carpet or flooring that will off gas toxic fumes for years. New furniture that are made of non-nature materials will also off gas. As well as a new car that will off gas for years. Beware of regular household paint and wood stains are pretty darn toxic. There are many choices that are more “green” and less taxing on your precious body.

One of my most precious teachers said to me once, “You only have one body, if you don’t take care of it who will?”

  • Share/Save/Bookmark
This entry was posted in Allergies & Sensitivities, Health, Vitality & Well-being, Nutrition, Diet & Lifestyle, Symptoms & Diseases, Toxins & Susceptibility. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Spam Protection by WP-SpamFree